Sunday, February 28, 2010

Welcome to the Jungle

Well, I survived my first day back at work! I can't believe it came so quickly.

To be honest, I never dreaded the job itself. I love my office and my co-workers, and 90% of our patients are wonderful. The other 10%...well, that comes with working with the public!

The worst part was just trying to get both of them ready and out the door in the morning. Bella isn't too hard, I give her some chocolate milk and toss her in the car with her pj's on. But she still has gear to take along. And I have to get dressed, which luckily doesn't take long 'cause I am most definately a low maintenance kind of girl. Somewhere in all that Abby wakes up to be fed and changed, then we all load in the car!

Nighttimes are kind of like morning in reverse: haul everything/everyone upstairs, change out of my scrubs, then dinner, baths, pick up the house, pack diaper bags for the next day...etc.

The most challenging night of the week is going to be Wednesday, I can see that already! We go to church at six o'clock for a meal and then fellowship. This week it was after nine o'clock when I got home! And Abby (who gets held a lot a church, of course!) had slept all evening. I finally got her in bed at 12:15. Luckily, Thursday is my last day of work for the week.

That's right, I have every Friday off! Jealous, aren't you? I have to admit it's one of the reasons I chose the profession- most dental practices are closed on Friday. I figured no nights, no holidays, work 8-5, and have a long weekend? Sure, I'll be a dental hygienist!

Most people's reaction when I tell them what I do is ,"Isn't that gross, digging in people's mouths?" Probably not nearly as gross as it was about twenty five years ago, when they didn't wear gloves yet! Actually, I can handle anything from the neck up! Now urology, thats gross...

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I AM jealous - every Friday off. I could go for that!

    ReplyDelete