Sunday, February 21, 2010

Wood you look at that!

Last week we accomplished one of the biggies on my "Home Improvement To-Do List". Kenneth (with a little help from Bella!) pulled up our very light colored carpet and padding, then pulled up a million staples. Okay, maybe not a million. But a lot. Kudos to him.

Then we had Darren Shelton come over from Erwin and lay our hardwood floor! I was SO excited! I was especially excited because in order to clear out the living room, we put our kitchen table in Abby's nursery, and moved the couch, loveseat, end table, and coffee table into the kitchen! The computer desk and t.v. went into Bella's room, and we just took our old entertainment center apart and pitched it! So the house was a wreck. Trying to navigate my kitchen reminded me of a show I saw on Discovery Health about people who hoard...

I put Bella in bed with me for a couple of nights because I was afraid she'd get up in the night and run into the extra furniture in her room. So for a couple of days everything was topsy-turvy. It took Darren and his guys one day to lay all the hardwood floor, then they came back the next morning for about an hour for the finishing touches and to lay the shoe molding. The result was fantastic! I am absolutely thrilled!

The only downside is that between ripping out carpet and putting down new floor, my house was covered in dust! Mom came and helped me get rid of some of it, she even swiffered the living room walls! Then she and my friend Jess helped me move most of the furniture back. ~I did invest in felt padding for the bottoms of all my tables, chairs, etc!


Bella "helping" her Daddy take up the carpet...

Hmmm, the plywood is awfully nice...maybe we should just leave it?

Ahhhhhhhhhh....looks good enough to roller skate on. Just kidding.


Yay! I'm so happy with my new floor!
Our next project will begin in a couple of weeks, we are finishing a 14x14 room in the basement. We will also finish our basement stairs, lay carpet, and take off the door to the stairway so it opens to the rest of the house. This will be Bella and Abby's own personal Toy Land! Fisher Price, Playskool, and Matel have staged a coup and taken over my living room- I can't wait to reclaim it!



No comments:

Post a Comment