Friday, February 12, 2010

Change is coming!

So, there are some changes on the horizon for the Edmonds family! First and foremost, I'll soon be returning to work. Next week is my last week of maternity leave. I dread going back- not because of the job itself. I love my job, and I have awesome co-workers. But I do dread leaving my girls, and the general chaos of getting two little ones ready and out the door every morning. My twelve weeks off have flown by!

Another change we are making is to our house. We had hoped to be able to get some land in Erwin, and move over there. It would have been convenient since I work there four days a week, we go to church there, and most of our family is there. Lord knows it would've saved us a fortune in gas money!

But, as is so often the case, it didn't work out as we planned. We were a little disappointed, but just moved on to Plan B! Plan B is to make some changes to the house we currently live in. We live in a raised ranch, and have a full basement with drive-under garage. So we are going to finish a playroom in part of our basement, and relocate Bella's considerable toy collection down there!

We are also getting rid of the carpet in our living room, something I've wanted to do for a long time. When they built the house they put down light colored carpet. And while it's pretty, it only works if a) you don't have kids b)you never eat outside your kitchen, and c) you are the kind of family who take their shoes off every time you walk in the house. None of the above apply to us!

So today Kenneth and I went and picked out wood flooring for our house! I am so excited about getting it put down! We are also (eventually) going to get rid of our big old entertainment center and replace it with a gas (or electric) fireplace with a flat-screen t.v. mounted on the wall above it.

I really excited about our home improvement projects, and will be posting before/after pics at some point!

No comments:

Post a Comment